France v Nigeria
- Funny thing is I set my alarm for 3am (about half-time) but even after turning off the alarm I just couldn't get up. I went back to sleep half a minute later and woke up in time for Germany v Algeria (6am). It was a really nice sleep
- Don't know enough about this match to say anything, but I am surprised that it was scoreless for so long
- Apparently some are saying that Nigeria should have been awarded a penalty earlier on
Germany v Algeria
- Watched all of this
- Algeria gave a good fight and had two good chances at the beginning
- It was probably only a matter of time before Germany penetrated the defence but at one stage it did look like we could end up with penalties
- Funny Muller free kick as well
Argentina v Switzerland
- Did not watch this match
- Saw the highlights and noticed how both Argentina and Switzerland both had many chances on goal.
- di Maria's end-game goal came off a Messi assist, which in turn, was caused by a very very costly Swiss mistake in giving away possession
- The Swiss launched an all-out attack at the death (goalkeeper up-front as well) and had a chance to equalise but missed. What an opportunity
- Argentina keep scraping victories - good thing or bad thing? Possibly a good thing, as long as Messi is fit
- Both goalkeepers seemed to be great, but the Swiss goalkeeper was busier
USA v Belgium
- Only watched the second-half plus extra time (all the action occurred in the latter period), but I was slightly distracted by something else so wasn't paying much attention. I re-watched the highlights though
- Belgium seemed to have many shots on target, despite the stats telling me that the USA had the higher possession
- Tim Howard made a lot of good saves (and broke the record for the most number of saves in a World Cup match too)
- Both sides had incredible chances
- De Bruyne and Lukaku did all the damage; each essentially assisting the other for their respective goals
- What a great shot by Green the substitute - should they have had him on earlier?
- What an opportunity for the US to equalise with the set piece towards the end.