- Groups A, G and H look more difficult than the others: G and H in particular because Bahrain, North Korea, Kuwait and Lebanon are not pushovers.
- Australia, Japan and China have very kind draws but we all remember what it was like for Australia to play against the Saudis in desert conditions and near 40 degree heat. Away games are ALWAYS difficult.
- I read that the Chinese coach is worried about drawing Qatar, a team he believes are the "strongest" second pot team.
- It would be nice to see Indonesia, Singapore or Malaysia do well - they always get knocked out?? It would be nice to see any other minnow do well for that matter. I'd like to see a random country qualify for the final round of qualifying.
- The matches in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan, both neighbours, will be very interesting.