Current Group E Table
- Switzerland to beat the heavy-tackling Honduras 2-1
- France to beat Ecuador, 2-1
- Thus this sets up a potential France v Nigeria match-up and Switzerland to play Argentina. The Switzerland v Ecuador match "was thus" critical.
Current Group F Table
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||2||0||0||2||1||3||−2||0|
- Argentina to beat Nigeria 1-0, someone apart from Messi to score (should be a closely fought contest).
- Iran to keep their compact defence, drawing to Bosnia and Herzegovina 1-1 (and scoring their first goal at this World Cup?)
Current Group G Table
- Germany to win a closely fought contest, say 1-0
- Ghana to win by 1 goal, say 2-1
- On that basis, Ghana would go through on Goals Scored (5 vs 4). However, if Germany beat USA by 1 goal and the USA also score (eg. 3-2 or 2-1), USA would either win on Head-to-head or Goals Scored.
- My scorelines above seem less likely, so I think, as a matter of probability, USA will be going through rather than Ghana, despite the Ghana win.
Current Group H Table
- Algeria have shown they can hold their own against South Korea. But that was against South Korea, a team that had horrible defending. I think the Russians will have learnt from their lesson against South Korea, and given that the Belgians struggled to break them down, I think Algeria will have an equally difficult time.
- Hence Russia to win by 1 goal, say 1-0.
- Belgium to give South Korea a small thrashing, say 2-0.
Post a Comment